Our course levels are in regulation with the official Mandarin Chinese level test (HSK) and the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), ensuring that the language skills you gain with the Chinese School London are acknowledged and recognised the world over.
- HSK 1/Beginner – You’re a complete novice, with no prior experience of writing or speaking Mandarin.
- HSK 1/Upper Beginner – You can understand and speak some basic phrases and are able to read and write some simple characters.
- HSK 2/Elementary – You can handle basic levels of everyday communication.
- HSK 3/Lower Intermediate – You can communicate moderately well in everyday scenarios such as work or studying and are able to travel independently.
- HSK 4/Mid Intermediate – You can use Mandarin moderately confidently in most situations and on many topics, but still need help.
- HSK 5/Upper Intermediate – You can speak extensively on many topics and are able to read newspapers and watch films with the help of a dictionary.
- HSK 6/Advanced – You have a sound and accurate understanding of Mandarin and use it confidently in even the most difficult situations.